Heat Pump Hot Water
A heat pump hot water unit is a new renewable energy efficient way of heating hot water. Typically hot water heaters use an energy source such as gas or electricity to extract heat stored water. Moreover, heat pumps use the heat from the air to heat the stored water inside the storage tank. So they look very similar to standard conventional electric storage units, however have the heat pump that sits at the top of the tank.
How Do Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters Work?
Heat pumps work like a refrigerator but in reverse. Instead of cooling the water it heats the water. Heat pumps transfer the heat from the outside air around the heater to the stored water inside the tank. It does this via the heat pump and heat exchanger.
Furthermore, the heat pump draws air from around the hot water heater via a fan into an evaporator containing an environmentally friendly refrigerant known as R134a, which has a boiling point of -25.9C. The outside air temperature contains more than enough heat to cause the R134a to boil and turn into a gaseous state. So once the liquid transforms to a gas, its pumped through a compressor, generating a lot of heat in the gas, then pumped though the heat exchanger (piping around the tank) where the heat from the refrigerant pipework is transferred to the water in the tank. Hence, as the heat is transferred from the gas into the water, the gas turns back to a liquid state and the cycle begins again.
Some Benefits of Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters
- the long term electricity costs saving benefits; no more hot water bills
- they’re environmentally friendly reducing the amount of greenhouse gas emissions due to less energy required to heat water
- they’re effective in low temperature situations and less energy cost and running cost
- no solar panels or roof mounted installations required
- some makes and models come as a split system, where the water heat pump system can be installed in a separate location to the storage tank
- most units will fit in the same location as your existing electric storage outdoor hot water heater
- easy installation
Why Choose Us?
Apex Plumbing Solutions is here to provide hot water service and advice in Sydney. We stock a fantastic range of well-known and trusted brands, all covered by comprehensive warranties. In addition, high energy efficiency and long term use of all hot water heater. Be it a gas hot water systems, solar hot water systems or any types of hot water system. We are the experts!
As a licensed plumbers, when it comes to looking for the right hot water plumbers to fix the problem, Contact Us Today. You may check our highly rated reviews here. We’ll wait for your call! Hurry up!